Re-contectualized debris and found material form the basis of my work which evokes the tracings of time and worlds of activity, distilled into simple constructs. Pieces are located at the intersection of geometric and organic form and often use different types of mesh, which offer the slightest ways to inscribe space. They speak of presence and absence, and how our perception of an experience, memory, object or time all shift — based on where we stand — our point of view.
- The Weight of Things, Solo Mixed-Media Exploration, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA (September).
- 6-Photographers, Mixed media in photography show, Exhibited a series entitled “In a Slight Yellow Light” Gallery A3, Amherst, MA (August)
- Installation, Debris Flow, a Meditation on the Mill River Disaster in 1874, part of the Contemporary Art a Historic Northampton series, Historic Northampton, Northampton, MA (March-April)
- Installation, Rise and Fall, part of the Human Impact exhibition, von Auersperg Gallery, Hess Center for the Arts, Deerfield Academy, Deerfield, MA (September-October).
- Small Group, Drawing Show – wire and mesh drawings, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA (January)
- Small Works Invitational – Elusie Gallery, Easthampton, MA (July)
- Art Across the River – A3 Members show at Oxbow Gallery, Northampton, MA (August)
- Installation, InMOMENTTime, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA (September).
- Group, Seeking Safety: A mini-series in 6 parts – Episodes 1-6, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA (December)
- Group, What Am I Seeing: Nine Photographers, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA (August)
- Installation, What If We Just Stopped Here? Paper City Gallery, Holyoke, MA (May)
- 2-person show, Algorithm: Rules for a Visual Field with Janet Winston, Gallery A3, Amherst MA (September).
- Installation, The Other Side of the Bridge, Part 1 – Fine Arts Work Center Gallery, Part 2 – Dunes Edge Campground/Conservation Area, Provincetown, MA (April – May, 2013).
- Installation, Bridges to Cross/Bridges to Burn, A.P.E. Gallery, Ltd., Northampton, MA, (November), in collaboration with Harriet Diamond & Mary Bernstein. www.apearts.org/craig-harbison.html
- 2-person show, Moving Out of Place with Constance Hamilton, Gallery A3, Amherst MA (September)
- Group, Gallery A3 Tenth Anniversary Show, Amherst, MA (January)
- Group, Russell Gallery, Deerfield Academy, Deerfield, MA (April-May)
- Solo, a-bridge’, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, Synesthesia, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA; Finger Drumming – site specific installation with sound/matter/participant, (using Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues -1980, Fredric Rzewski)
- Group, Winter Wonder, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, Art form Detritus: Upcycling with Imagination, Williamsburg Art & Historical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Group, Paperworks, site-specific installation: I SEE YOU., Holyoke, MA
- Group, Art from Detritus – Recycling with Imagination, juried show, Clear Light Gallery, Turners Falls, MA (www.ncognita.com/art_from_detritus_2010.htm)
- 2-person, hover/hovering with Jan Winston, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA, www.gallerya3.com
- Group, In Dialogue (#1): This is what happened. Site-specific installation in collaboration with Harriet Diamond, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, Art from Detritus – Recycling with Imagination, Veridian Artists, 530 W25th St., New York, NY
- 3-person, Small Constructions, Hosmer Gallery, Northampton, MA
- Group, Gallery A3 Shows Up, Carberry Gallery, Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, MA
- 2-person, The Republic of Distance, Installation & Constructions with Tom Morton, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, 100 Drawings, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- 2-person, Light/Remanents with Bob Horowitz, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, Small Wonders, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, Rotating Crops (2), Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, Stuff, Art made from discarded and rediscovered materials, Open Square Gallery, Holyoke, MA
- 2-person show, Found with Sue Katz, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- Group, Small Wonders, Gallery A3, Amherst, MA
- 2-person, Hosmer Gallery, Forbes Library, Northampton, MA
- Solo, Northampton Center for the Arts, Northampton, MA
- Group, New City Art – Small Works Invitational, Easthampton, MA.
- Group, juried selection, Art with Heart – Art Calendar
- Solo, Springfield College, Visual Arts Gallery, Springfield, MA
- Group, Zone Gallery, Springfield, MA
- Solo, Herter Gallery, U. Mass/Amherst, Amherst, MA
- Group, Hamden Gallery, U. Mass/Amherst, Amherst, MA
- Group, Student Union Gallery, U. Mass/Amherst, Amherst, MA
- Group, Elms College, Chicopee, MA
- Solo, Center for the Arts, Northampton, MA
- Group, 16th Annual Juried Exhibition, Maris Gallery, Westfield, MA
- Group, Northampton Center for the Arts, Grants Recipients Invitational, Northampton, MA
- Solo, McQuade Gallery, Merrimac College, North Andover, MA
- Group, 15th Annual Juried Exhibition, Maris Gallery, Westfield, MA
- Installation, Bus Shelter, Amherst, MA, commissioned by Arts Project, Inc. in cooperation with the Pioneer Valley Transit Commission
- Group, Hampshire College, Main Gallery, Amherst, MA
- Solo, Hillyer Hall Gallery, Smith College, Northampton, MA
- Painter & Sculptor, Maintain studio in Florence, MA, 1976-present.
- Consultant, GrantsWork, Florence, MA, 2002-present. Non-profit grant writing and program developer.
- 2003, Restoration and Update of Hestia Mural, Northampton, MA
- 1987 – 1990: University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, MFA, Sculpture
- 1975 – 1977: School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
- 1969 – 1973: Atlantic Union College, South Lancaster, MA, B.A. English,
- 2007: Gallery A3, Amherst, MA